January 13, 2004

Thanks FM!

The MOA stands corrected on assault weapons. I did not know that the classification was so arbitrary; I thought an assault weapon was a rifle designed for infantry combat (like an AK-47). Perhaps that is a major problem when outlawing certain types of weapons: how do we define what is legal? To paraphrase a rather silly legal "principle," "I know an assault rifle when I see one."

I'm still not buying the all or nothing argument, on either the Second or First Amendments. Just as I don't think Bobby Seale's exhortation to "Burn some pork" has little relevence to my ability to express political opinions, the FM's desire to own a Panzerfaust has little relevence to my ability to shoot pesky verminous Bambis. Or, to use the "Well regulated" phrase, I don't see how asking gun owners to take a safety course, use gun-locks, and register their weapons puts an undue burden on my possessing a 306 scoped doe snuffer. Just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home