January 13, 2004

Kilgore Trout and Spam Haikus and Spam Trivia Question

http://www.chaoticnotrandom.blogspot.com/

Check it out.
Read the archives.
The ML even has a link on the sidebar.
I about ruptured myself as I did my pre-school blog surf this morning. A juicy tidbit from November to get you started (he's talking about your Bush @TM "tax relief checks"):

"I always wondered what Bill Gates did when he received his check. I want to think that, just like me, he looked forward to receiving his check in the mail and daydreamed what he would do with the precious little windfall. Did he linger outside shop windows, peering in at mp3 players and digital cameras? Or maybe he wandered into a jewelry store and found a perfect little diamond pendant for his wife, and it was $329.95, and he talked the merchant down -- Look, I'll have $300 in just like a week or so. I'll be able to give you $300 even, cash. Come on, man, I'm just asking for 9.077132899% off. My wife would love that pendant. I can see Bill getting home from work, and finding the check in the mailbox, and getting in his car and hurrying to the bank to cash the check just before closing time. Then he ran to the jewelry store and handed the surprised merchant a stack of twenties -- See? I told you! Three hundred dollars and not a penny less! -- and took the pendant home to surprise Melinda, who kissed him and said Oh, it's beautiful, Bill, and then she wore the pendant to the dinner table, even though they were only having Sloppy Joes.

"None of this happened, of course. One of Bill Gates' army of accountants and tax lawyers took the check and dumped in with his other $34 billion or whatever, which increased his wealth in roughly the same way that you would increase the volume of the Atlantic Ocean by pissing off the side of a cruise ship. Or maybe Bill got hold of the check and let his kids color all over it, or maybe he threw a party for all his rich friends and they used their $300 checks as rolling papers for doobies, and then they all sat around and laughed like hyenas while they smoked their tax relief checks."

I was giggling maniacally by the tiume I got to the Atlantic Ocean line.

KBJ has some haikus that will likely amuse the Big Hominid:

http://analphilosopher.blogspot.com/

Were these Spam poems inspired by our earlier discussion of Spam hymns?

Quick trivia: What American State has the highest (by far) per capita consumption of Spam?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home