January 09, 2004

Foreign Minister back at his desk.

Just crawled out of the Holiday Season heap I have been under. But I should be back in action on a fairly regular basis.

Boars in Berlin.... on my last trip to Berlin I read somewhere that Berlin Was 6 (SIX) times larger than Paris. Probably because Berlin has 7 or 8 MAJOR parks inside the city limits. Kind of like Central Park in NY. It would not surprise me in the least if there were packs of wild Boars roaming free in one of those parks (although I did not actually SEE any of them myself.

I have been spending some of my Holiday time getting re-acquainted with the tobacco leaf. Living in Europe has one advantage of being able to go to your local smoke shop and buy Habanas finest. I have developed a particular fancy for Partagas Series D #4 and San Cristobal De La Habana's La Punta. Now if I can just get the Damn things to quit making my mouth taste like an Ash tray the next morning I will have it licked!

I could not but help take the Political Leanings test.
1) Constitution Party 61%
2) Libertarian Party 56%
3) Republican Party 56%
4) Green Party 50%
5) Reform Party 50%
6) Democratic Party 44%
7) Natural Law Party 44%
What the hell does that mean... I always fancied myself a Green.

Burgess-Jackson Burgess-Jackson Burgess-Jackson Burgess-Jackson.... Egad!
You know He made me realize that I am a VEGETARIAN TOO!
Except for me, I only eat red meat. No longer am I eating any fish, eggs or chicken. Nope, that is cruelty. I am going to be a Prime Rib, Tenderloin, and Roast Beef Vegetarian from now on.
Thanks Mr. Burgess... I mean Jackson.... I mean Dr Jackson.... oh whatever.

(I think that last paragraph is going to get me booted off the ML's Christmas Card list).... oh by the way Does Dr BJ....(Dr BJ,... that is funny!) send OUT Christmas Cards?

To really freak my College buddies out, here is some news! I tried out for part in the local Community Theatre play and I got a part! The play is Neil Simon's Plaza Suite. I am Sam in the first Act. Actually, I wanted the part of Jesse in the 2nd Act because he gets to smooch and fondle the female lead.... (and the chick that got her part is HOT!) but alas... my marriage is saved.

Anyhoo

I am sure my logic is wrong (and I am counting on my fellow Ministers and the ML himself to square me away here), but how can this legalization of illegal immigrants be a good thing? The best argument for it seems to be that "they are doing the jobs that Americans don't want to do". Ok so if you make them "legal" are they still going to want to do that job? Hell, go on welfare, you will get more than the $2.25 per hour they are getting for cleaning houses now!
Once they are legal, the people that were hiring them will now have to pay them benefits and at LEAST minimum wage, so they won’t be able to hire them at all. I guess they will have to go find a "real" illegal to do the job and the legal illegal will now be out of work and on Social Security!
Here is an idea.... get rid of the illegal immigrants and pay AMERICANS a decent wage to do the frickin job. Maybe Americans would be attracted to these jobs if it paid a respectable sum.

Here Goes
Mr X has Juan Illegaldrez cut his 1/2 acre yard for $15. Juan Illegaldrez becomes Legal (and changes his name) and now Mr X has to pay him $60 to cut his grass since there are taxes and other nice things that Juan has to pay to be in legitimate business.
Mr X does not want to pay $60 friggen dollars to cut his grass so he either 1) cuts it himself or 2) Gets Juan's Cousin Pepe to do it for $15 again
.

Please help me guys!

Back to the trenches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home