March 21, 2005

Bears and Cars

Several months ago, one member of our blogosphere had/saw a collision with a black bear while driving over Afton mountain. I can't remember who it was.

At any rate, I have an update.

I took my daughter on a tour of the Virginia Wildlife Center in Waynesboro, Va., yesterday. We toured the facilities and learned how they help injured wildlife recover and eventually return to the forest primeval.

They had a bear. The bear had been hit by a car last fall and was slowly recovering. Remembering (dimly) the bear discussion in our blogosphere neighborhood, I asked if the bear had been hit near Afton. The volunteer tour guide only knew that it came from the local area. So it could be the bear in question.

UPDATE: It was Rick over at Brutally Honest. See here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home