June 06, 2005

Wedding Thought Number One

Went to a wedding on Saturday.

As we stood for the bride, my attention was focused on her father.

Holding Emilie in my arms, I watched as another man walked his daughter down the aisle.

I couldn't help but think of the future. Someday I'll be proudly walking sweet Emilie down the aisle to the man with whom she will build her adult life. I have hopeful confidence that she will be a kind, curious, moral young lady. I have hopeful confidence that I will, as I walk her down the aisle, be able to reflect back with love and pride on the way that her mother and I have raised her and how she has grown herselg into a good person.

I got a little misty eyed. I kissed my daughter's forehead.

Fatherhood, my friends, is a great blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home