June 03, 2005

Smallholder: Not a Bigot

Anyone who would call Smallholder a bigot doesn't know a thing about him. Smallholder is one of the most principled, tolerant and self-challenging people I know. It makes me angry to think that anyone would attack him in that way, even indirectly with a morally arbitrary position like "we're all bigots." Get a couple of beers in me and it's the kind of thing I'd gladly start fisticuffs over.

Separately, Smallholder's standing on gay parenthood is dead-on correct. There is nothing that homosexual parents are going to do to their kids that is worse than what heterosexual parents have been doing to their kids since the dawn of time.

Of course Smallholder and I have an ongoing catfight to continue (I believe it wasn't that long ago that he suggest my birth name was "Percy"), but that will have to wait, as I am off to Mexico tomorrow for a wedding and will definitely not be posting again until next week at the earliest.

When I'm sitting on the beach, I'll think of you all. Promise.

Believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home