April 15, 2005

Creationist Definition

Brian B. has asked me to clarify my defintions, preparatory to hoisting me onto the rack.

The term creationism is a slippery one.

By one defintion, I'm a creationist. I believe God created the universe and world and set it to operating according to natural law. One of the outgrowths of natural law is evolution - so one might say that God guided evolution. Now, the intervention of deity is not amenable to empircal proof. So: Evolution is scientific fact. I BELIEVE it was guided by God.

In my post of two days ago, I was specifically attacking those creationists who believe that faith is incompatible with religion and refuse to accept science. I would define these magical thinkers as "creationists who reject the theory of evolution." My real bone of contention is with this lot - the people who disingenuously "attack" "holes" in Darwinian theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home