January 06, 2005

Random Agriculture Post

In our continuing series of innovative farming techniques for a sustainable future, here is a farmer that is doing cool stuff.

Maybe one day other bloggers will link to Sweet Seasons Farm and say, "Smallholder has some good ideas about pasture management." That would be cool.

I am getting this year's calves on Friday - I'm going to do eight lads this year (with the addition of two others when Bonnie calves in June - but I'll carry those little ones over the winter). I'm also going t0 try to be a businessman like the Maximum Leader this year. If demand is more than supply, I should at least charge at the bottom range of the market rate for organic grassfed beef. So hopefully I can actually make a little profit this year. One can hope...

The best part of this year was when I saw my brother-in-law for Christmas. He had hosted a dinner party for his computer-programming friends and they loved the beef so much that he sold three sides for this year on the spot. It turns out that my customers (like Tom or the Maximum Leader) will do the marketing for me. Woo-hoo!

Now if only I can get the Maximum Leader to do another testimonial for the tender beef produced by his minion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home