January 19, 2005

Meme Time!

Greetings, loyal minions. Your Maximum Leader decided to play a meme game he saw on two sites. (Llamas & Memento Moron.) Your Maximum Leader decided to play off of Brian at Memento Moron's list. Here goes:

Copy the following list of first lines to poems. If you are familiar with the poem, leave it there. If not, replace it with one you DO know. Put your changes in Bold, put the rest in normal text. Then link back to me. Here are my results:

1. Do you see this ring?
2. There was three kings unto the east
3. Nel mezzo del cammin di nostra vita (Midway on our life's journey, I found myself)
4. So you dare me to take the square root of my mother, do
5. Do not go gentle into that good night,
6. In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A stately pleasure-dome decree
7. How do I love thee, let me count the ways
8. Half a league, half a league,
9. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
10. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Your Maximum Leader should state for the record that Number 4 is the opening line from a poem by the Big Hominid.

Carry on.

UPDATE: ACK! Had your Maximum Leader read Don's post, he would have seen that the Robert Browning line was replaced by Robert. It seems wrong to put the line back in. So your Maximum Leader changed his Number One line to a different Browning poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home