December 13, 2004

Ok... Guilty as Charged

I apologize for dropping the villainous ball when the ML was on Sabbatical, however, in my defense, I will say that I was away myself and barely had time to check in with NV as my INLAWS were visiting.

The Foreign Minsiter, the Warden, and her Parents went down to the German/Austrian alps to celebrate Thanksgiving and the onslaught of Christmas.

WHEN I DID try to blog, I will say that blogger kept crashing on me or not opening up at all. Since the Warden only lets the Foreign Minister out for good behavior, he did not have a lot of time to blog.

Anyway,
To make my attempt at your question about flavors of religion (more specifically flavors of Christianity), here is how I see it.

With your scenario of what if a guy thinks Christ exists, but was just a dude with cool ideas.

That already exists. The Jews, and Muslims believe that he existed and was some sort of holy man. I argue that what MAKES a Christian is the person that makes the leap of faith to believe that he was God's Son and was raised from the dead. Without that part, there is no Christianity.

But--
The Bible is kind of like the US constitution in respect that 2 people could read it and get something TOTOALLY different out of it. That is why you have Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc etc.

And the constitution-
The M of A reads it and thinks the second amendment is only for states. Annika reads it and buys a machine gun. (I don't know if she did buy a machine gun but she knows an awful lot about the Hitler's Saw!---- )

On to the Humvee thing.
The soldier in question should have asked/said-
1) Why don't we all have tanks to ride in instead of lightly armored jeeps?
2) Why don't we just carpet bomb Falujah instead of sending me in?
3) I learned enough in college through the GI bill to know that I can die here... could you send someone else in?
4) This is a scary place, I want more than armor... I want a force field.

I kind of think it was a stupid question. The Humvee is not a bullet proof vehicle. It was not designed to be. Even the up armored version is not going to do well against a roadside bomb. Soldiers have been making field adjustments like welding scrap armor on since warefare began. I would imagine even the soldiers with up armored humvees are adding on additional armor. I think this is more of the MSM stirring the pot.

Back to the trenches---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home