December 12, 2003

Sweet seasons is the place for me....

Thanks for the epistle on bovine longevity. Its intriguing to me. I guess, in a way, I am living part of my life vicariously through the MA.

When is the MA going to put up a website so we can "virtualy" check in on the farm?

Have the steers gone to the big house?

Personally, I like the rare breeds myself. For no other reason than it is something that you don’t see every day and you are keeping alive breeds that are not marketable but are possibly still very good beef or dairy cattle.

Is there anything in the US like The Rare Breeds Survival Trust?
Is there any niche market for steaks or milk from something other than over geneticized cattle?

It reminds me of produce. It seems like all the really good fruit and vegetable varieties (that taste good) have been replaced with varieties that produce well (and maybe look better on the shelf).


Back to the Trenches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home