September 29, 2004

Condemning Christians

Memento Moron has called readers' attention to Jimmy Swaggart's latest unchristian action:

"I'm trying to find the correct name for it... this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men... I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died."

Let me heed Eugene Volokh's call for Christians to condemn Swaggart.

Swaggart is a bad Christian and is bad for Christianity.

Christians who hijack my religion and use it as an excuse to attack their fellow man are missing the central point of Jesus' teaching.

One of the biggest duties of a Christian is to bring more people to Christ. Acting like a redneck bigot probably isn't a very good recruiting tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home