June 08, 2004

Homeward bound...

I typed the subject line with the intention of letting my buds know that in a few days, my family begins the trek back to the good ol' USA. Summer break is a wonderful thing!

But I wanted to say a few words about Ronald Reagan and I guess that the subject line fits with that too. I am not eloquent enough to express any memorable post that folks would link to but, the man meant a lot to me. I guess if one is to have a "first" president (the first President that you are politically aware of growing up) RR is about as good as you can get. My generation remembers what they were doing when Reagan was shot (at). I was on my way to Biology class in middle school. I remember the LANDSLIDE victories at election time. I remember how good he made it feel to be an American. It was like having your own Grandfather be President.

I wish I had my picture taken with him too.

Vegetarianism....
I thought I had read on Burgess-J's site that he was an ovo-lactic or that he ate chicken... can anyone confirm that?

Back to the trenches.... with Rest and Relaxation on the way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home