February 06, 2004

with apologies

Being one of the Maximum Leader's stinkiest, dung-flingingest (and therefore useful) minions, I should explain the uneven blog-peristalsis.

The day I plastered up all those posts, I was simply dumping out material I'd recovered from my incredible Macintosh which kicks the ass of all Bill Gates's products home computer. Using the nifty flash memory chip my brother David had given me for Christmas, I was able to go to the Korea University PC-bahng and unload a torrent of cyberfeces in a fairly short interval (though not without some final tweaking before posting).

Today (well, technically, yesterday [Friday], Korea time), I was occupied all day with English class and that selfsame ass-kicking Macintosh computer, figuring out how to switch back and forth between old and new operating systems. I had to spend some time learning the ins and outs of my Canon scanner software, then I had to install Adobe Photoshop Elements so I could scan and tweak all my cartoons before saving them onto the aforementioned nifty flash memory chip. So I spent a good deal of time learning new software, scanning, tweaking, and even re-drawing one of the cartoons. It was a dwarf-beating pain, let me tell you.

Finally, I came to the PC-bahng prepared to dump everything into my FTP space... then the FTP folder wouldn't let me do my drag-and-drop (a most fecal term if ever there was one). So I downloaded an FTP program (freeware, of course) and tried again. No dice. Luckily, Carpemundi was on, and we hooked up via Yahoo Messenger, and he talked me through using FTP space he'd created for me.

And you'll see that I've got a new post on my site... the only one for this evening, considering how freakin' LONG the whole process took. From now on, it should be much easier to get cartoons uploaded and displayed on the blog.

So there we are.

Just a note, though: I really don't mind having unspeakable things done to me so long as it involves those sexy little dwarves. And cat food. Gotta have cat food. Nine Lives after 20 seconds in the microwave is often better than KY.

_

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home