September 12, 2003

September 11...

Greetings loyal minions. Your Maximum Leader did not get much of an opportunity to blog yesterday. And if he had, you might not have liked to tone of what I would say. Like Andrew Sullivan, I believe we should be more angry and our resolve should be strengthening. Our resolve that is to fight terrorists, bring down the regimes that support them, and help to create a more civilized world.

Your Maximum Leader was somewhat agog at many of the mealy-mouthed tributes to the 3,021 victims. There was very little righteous anger yesterday. I didn't expect anger from many of the families. But I expected more from commentators. If you weren't watching Fox news yesterday, you were being bludgeoned with platitudes and wallowing in unfocused (and paralyizing) grief.

And we always speak about the victims... Am I too out of step to say that I think of them as our glorious dead? I know that is an expression of an earlier time. And the 3,021 Americans that were brutally murdered were not soliders (the normal connotation for glorious dead). At least not soliders in the traditional sense. They were ordinary people living an ordinary American life. But for doing that, we are all a type of solider in a war that, as much as it pains us to say, is coming down to one that is a clash of civilizations.

And by the way, where were all the moderate muslims yesterday? I didn't hear from them...

At any rate my loyal minions. Read Victor Davis Hanson on what we have accomplished. And remember that this is a long war. But it is one we must fight, and will win.

Carry on my minions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home